- One of just ten Pagani Zonda R's produced between 2009 and 2011
- Upgraded to highly-desirable Evolution spec in 2014
- Just three owners since new
- 6.0L AMG V12 producing 780HP
- 0-62MPH in 2.7 sec
- Less than 1200KM driven since new
In 2006, the Pagani factory in San Cesario Sul Panaro was ready to take on an even more extreme challenge with no limits apart from safety - a car designed exclusively for track use that would embody both the excellence and sartorial artistry of Pagani Automobili’s specialized craftsmen.
The result, unveiled in 2009, was the most intense interpretation of the Zonda. A new, state-of-the-art model created with specific engineering know-how and cutting edge materials from the aerospace industry and Formula 1, designed to reach the highest level of performance in strict compliance with FIA safety standards. Aerodynamics, power, lightweight and safety were the key qualities of this extreme personality.
The Zonda R was the result of an exercise in style and technology. Tried-and-tested in 2010, with a lap time of 6 minutes and 47 seconds on the Nürburgring Nordschleife circuit. A record that remained unbeaten for years and helped this model become a timeless legend.
Though having a racing character, it still sported finishes worthy of a “fine watch.” Full of 3270 new parts, the Zonda R included a carbo-titanium chassis that allowed a reduction of 20 kg in weight. Titanium bolts were extensively used for the first time.
The Mercedes-Benz AMG V12 high-performance racing engine, able to deliver 750 HP and produce a torque of 710 Nm has since been upgraded to Revolucion-Spec, now providing 780HP is bolted directly to the central monocoque, making it a semi-structural element supporting the transmission together with a chrome-molybdenum subframe.
Revo Pack Upgrade includes:
- Power increase: 750HP to 780HP
- Increased downforce: New aerodynamic components on exterior bodywork and underside
- New suspension components: Ohlins adjustable track shock absorbers and springs
- New braking system: Brembo prototype track pack with new materials on both brake discs and pads
- New gearbox: Nurburgring optimized Xtrac gearbox with new ratios